Rainbow Mountain Peru Tour – Apu Vinicunca Peru Tour
Experience the best of the most visited mountains in Peru – Apu Vinicunca on this full day Rainbow Mountain Peru Tour with a local guide. Rainbow mountain is a part of the Vinicunca mountain range.
It is the second most visited attraction after Machu Picchu. Apu Vinicunca attracts over 800 trekkers a day.
Rainbow Mountain Trek offers stunning views of the Apu Ausangate mountain and the beautiful landscape of the Peruvian highland. You will be able to witness the life of the locals on your way. You will also get to spot some Andean camelids – Alpacas, llamas and Vicuñas.
The seven color mountain was discovered in early 2016. It was covered in dense snow. When the snow started to melt the colour started appearing. It soon got all the deserving global attention as it became a popular tourist attraction near the city of Cusco.
Rainbow Mountain Peru Tour is a high altitude experience. The highest point of the trek is at 5000 meters above sea level. It is highly recommended that you spend 3-4 days in Cusco before the trek to acclimate and avoid altitude sickness.
This is one of the treks you can experience to prepare yourself for Inca Trail or any other treks to Machu Picchu.
Why Peruvian Highland Trek?
Peruvian Highland Trek is a fully locally owned tour operating company based in Cusco. All our tour guides are locals. They have an extensive knowledge about trekking and local culture.
Please take a moment to check out our reviews on Tripadvisor.
DEPARTURE : Daily
DURATION: 16 Hours.
INCLUDES: Transport and bilingual group guide to places of visit (English /Spanish Guide).
The full day experience begins with a pickup from your hotel in Cusco early in the morning. We will be driving you through the south valley of Cusco to a remote Andean village called Cusipata. Here we will be serving you breakfast.
After breakfast, we will begin with a two and a half hours uphill hike through Andean farms to the summit of Apu Vinicunca Peru. The route offers enchanting views of the snow capped Andean peaks including the mighty Ausangate.
Once at the summit of Vinicunca Rainbow Mountain, you will have some free time to walk around. You will also have some time to hike further to the red valley.
After experiencing the best on this full day trip, we will start our hike back to the car park. Here we will be meeting the driver for our drive back to Cusipata. We will be stopping for lunch here. After lunch we will embark on our drive back to Cusco.
Rainbow Mountain Peru Tour – Apu Vinicunca Peru Tour Includes:
- Pick up from you hotel.
- Round trip transportation in our bus (bed sit).
- 1 Buffet lunch (eat as much as you like!)
- Hot drinks.
- Professional Tour Guide.
- Assistant tour Guide (only for 9 people or more)
- First Aid kit and Oxygen bottle.
- Entrance fee.
- Horse for emergencies
- Alcoholic drinks and others not mentioned on the list
- Walking stick USD 5.00 (each).
- Rain poncho (can be bought anywhere in the city or along the trail).
- Horse for entire trip (USD 35.00)
What you need to take:
- Daypack, warm clothes (scarf, sweaters, rain jacket, gloves)
- Walking boots.
- Walking sticks
- Rain poncho
- Sun hat + sunglasses.
- Toilet paper and hand sanitizer.
- Extra money, minimum 250.00 soles (USD $80.00)
Rainbow Mountain Peru Tour – Apu Vinicunca Peru Tour CHECKLIST
- Original Passport
- ISIC student card(www.isic.org) if it is applicable (needs to be sent at the time of your booking)
- Day Pack
- Sleeping bag (you can rent with us)
- Hiking boots and sandals (very important)
- Trekking poles (you can rent with us)
- Warm clothes: layers for variable temperatures, especially at night. Thermals/Gloves/scarves: wool socks /wool hat for cold nights: About 4 T-shirts for the entire trek
- Headlamp (very important)
Camera and extra batteries
- Sunscreen, hat, and sunglasses
- Personal medical kit
- Insect repellent
- Rain Gear: a good rain jacket and rain pants and plastic rain poncho.
- Toilet paper
- Small towel
- Camelback- or durable bottles for water (2L total capacity recommended)
- Extra money for drinks & tips, souvenirs, etc. Preferably at least 200 extra soles
- Bathing clothes for the hot springs (optional). Recommended for those who stay an extra night in “Aguas Calientes”