Manu Cultural Zone 5D/4N
This tour takes you to the cloud forest, the foothills of the Andes and the beginning of the Manu lowland.
Breathtaking scenery and lots of wildlife, great area for birdwatching!
group size : 2 – 8 persons
DAY 1: CUSCO – CLOUD FOREST – PILLCOPATA :
Leaving from Cusco very early in the morning in our comfortable bus. Ascendin g to the high mountain area of Paucartambo. On the way we visit the funeral towers or chullpas of Ninamarca.The bus then descents through the mysterious cloud forest full of beautiful orchids , heliconias and primitive ferns. Stopping to give you an opportunity to witness Cock of the Rocks (Rupicola Peruvian) mating ritual. There are also possibilities to observe the Amazonian Umbrella bird (Cephalopteros Ornatus),Trogons (Trogon sp.) and many more.With luck the only South American bear, the Spectacled Bear (Tremarctos ornatus).In the afternoom we arrive to the village of PIILCOPATA . typical lodge.Showers and toilets available.
DAY 2: PILLCOPATA-PAITITI LODGE :
After an early and delicious breakfast we continue our trip by bus 45 minutes . in the morning the group organize to walk inside the jungle where you can see many species of birds, insects and many other small animals Night in Lodge. Showers and toilets shared.
DAY 3: PAITITI LODGE – PARROTS CLAY LICK – MACHUHUASI LAKE :
Very early in the morning .we take the boat for aproximatly 30 minutes to the parrots clay lick. we can observe between 3 or 4 species of parrots and small macaws then we explore in to the trails and lake we continue observe the flora as orchids, bromelias and ferns specially , and fauna as turtles, frogs, the brown capuchin monkey besides the river we can observe to white caimans, capybaras(hidroacheris). Night in Lodge.Showers and Toilet
DAY 4: PAITITI LODGE – HOT SPRING – PAITITI :
After the breakfast we take the boat to go along the river alto alto Madre de Dios, where We will see many kind birds in the banks of the river,we have to stop to visit Native Community Shintuya where we can walk around the community then we will go by boat and arrive to Aguas Calientes hot spring (curative waters).to take the shower for relaxs. In the afternoon we come back to Paititi also we have night walk. .Night in lodge.
DAY 5: PAITITI LODGE – ATALAYA – CUSCO :
After a delicious breakfast unfortunately we come back by boat until the port Atalaya to take the boat to back to Cusco.Transfer to the hotel
- All terrestrial, fluvial transport
- Team of security
- Professional guides and specialized
- Efficient team of motorists
- 3 meals per day and snacks. 3 nights in Lodge Excellent cook service
- Radio communication service during the whole trip
- First-aid kit
- Mineral Water during the trip
- First breakfast
- Cola and beer
- Entrance fee to Hot spring
WHAT DOWE ADVISE TO BRING
- Shirt long sleeve and long pants.
- warm cloths (for misty mornings on the river).
- Water bottle or Canteen.
- Sandals, bath suit clothes, towel day pack.
- Rain gear.
- Enough mosquito repellent (50% DEET C.).
- Sun block.
- After bite.
- Flash light or torch with extra batteries.
- Plastic bags.
- Hat or cap.
- Extra money to buy beverage.
- At least one pair of trekking boot Camera and extra films(as a 100 is good for lakes and river, but inside the forest you will need as a 400).