Inka trail 2019
Why do I have to book so far in advance?
- The Inca Trail is regulated by the Peruvian Government to avoid damage to the trail and the historic ruins on it. Availability is limited to 500 permits per day, including paying hikers, guides, cooks and porters. This means that only 180 to 210 tourists are allowed to enter per day; the other permits go to the employees of hiking agencies.
- In recent years, these permits have booked out 6 to 10 months in advance for hiking dates in the high season (from April to September) and 3 to 5 months for dates in the low season.
- These 500 permits are used by all Inca Trail hiking operators, so they run out very quickly once the government makes them available for purchase. For this reason, it is important to be flexible and have two or more options for your hiking dates. This way you’re less likely to miss out entirely on Inca Trail permits.
What do I need to pre-book a space with Peruvian Highland Trek?
- Step 1: Choose a date. Pick a first choice (preferred), second choice and third choice for your hiking dates. Giving us all these date options will maximize your chance of getting one of those precious Inca Trail permits in 2019.
- Step 2: Contact us in the “Contact Us” section
- Step 3: Fill out the Booking Form sent by our travel advisors. Please verify that your information is exactly the same as on your passport. The information on your permit must be identical to your passport or you will be refused entry at the trailhead.
- Step 4: Make the deposite of the 50%
- Step 5: Our sales team will send confirmation of your Inca Trail reservation once we have been able to purchase your permit(s).
Book Inca Trail for 2019