ADDITIONAL MEASURES FOR THE IMPLEMENTATION OF THE MACHUPICCHU
ADDITIONAL MEASURES FOR THE IMPLEMENTATION OF MINISTERIAL RESOLUTION
No. 070-2017-MC APPROVING THE REGULATION OF THE MACHUPICCHU LLAQTA
The Decentralized Culture Directorate of Cusco announces that from July 1 to October 31, 2017, the Regulation of Sustainable Use and Tourist Visit for the Conservation of the Llaqta or Inca City of Machupicchu (the Regulations, hereinafter ) Approved by Ministerial Resolution No. 070-2017-MC, with the following details and complementary measures:
- Entrance tickets acquired prior to the validity of Ministerial Resolution No. 070-2017-MC and the notice published on 05-05-17, will maintain the validity of the previous stay period in accordance with the First Complementary Transitional Provision of Regulation .
- The tourist visit to the Llaqta or Inca City of Machupicchu must be ordered in a maximum time of 4 hours from the entrance of the visitors, within the 2 established shifts: from 6:00 a.m. to 12:00 a.m. And from 12:00 to 17:30 hours in accordance with Art. 16 of the Regulations.
- The purpose is to promote the tourist visit in the afternoon time to offer better conditions of visit and safer journeys by any of the 3 circuits, being able also to benefit from the afternoon rate of reduced cost from the 13:00 hours According to the MRI No. 030-2016-MC.
- Regarding the first shift, the number of visitors is 2,673 to 3,267 (maximum), including those who enter the mountains Machupicchu, Waynapicchu and those coming from the Inka Road Network and the West Access, specifying that the latter may also enter In the second round.
- First-time visitors who enter between 10:00 am and 12:00 a.m., will be able to attend, normally, their visit of 4 hours from their entrance.
- Groups and visitors who take the second shift from 12:00 a.m. Can enter up to one hour before, from 11:00 a.m. In case you arrive early to the Llaqta. For the second round, including promotion of evening hours, the maximum number is 2,673 visitors.
- Visitor groups should be made up of a maximum of 20 people, with all users, especially those from the western or Amazonian access, being recommended to buy their entry tickets in time.
To reiterate that visitors must enter the Inka city accompanied by a tour guide in application of Art. 17.1, who will have to accompany the tourists during the tour from the beginning to the end by any of the 3 circuits meeting a minimum Of 3 hours of visit and the norms of Art. 18 of the Regulation, being organized previously and avoiding all disorder in the frontispiece of the Llaqta.
- In order to comply with the provisions of Art. 18.4 of the Regulations, tourism guides may download from the website of the DDC-Cusco.
(Www.culturacusco.gob.pe) the Entry and Exit Form of the Llaqta of Machupicchu, filling in the data, to be delivered to the entrance and exit of the Llaqta.
- Exceptionally, visitors, who entered the city inka accompanied by a tour guide, the next day, can enter without a tour guide, showing the ticket of the previous day and indicating the name of the tour guide who accompanied them.
- Visitors to the Machupicchu and Waynapicchu Mountains do not require a tourist guide. The visit to the same Llaqta of Machupicchu can be given before or after the visit to the mountains by agreement of the group and the tour guide. The point of reunion between these people and the rest of the group to visit the inka city, will be the sector of the Sacred Rock.
- For persons benefiting from the free special income determined by paragraphs 2 to 5 of Article 17 of the Regulations, which will be admitted to the second round, the tour guide service is optional.
- Tourists who, on the same day, intend to do their sightseeing on the first and second shifts, will have to make the respective payment if the capacity is accepted. The tour guide service for the second entrance is optional.
- Visitors to the Machupicchu Mountain will have a maximum time of 7 hours for their visit including the Inka city from their entrance, while visitors to Mountain Waynapicchu will have a maximum time of 6 hours.
- To reiterate that during the tour of the Llaqta of Machupicchu, re-entry to the Inca city is not allowed except for reasons of force majeure in accordance with Article 16 of the Regulations.
- During the months of November and December these measures will continue to govern according to the evaluation of the implementation of the same and the communication that will be made in a timely manner.
The DDC-Cusco invokes companies, travel and tourism agencies, licensees and guides in tourism and, in general, to contribute to compliance with these complementary measures and the rules of the Regulation in order to guarantee the conservation of the City Inka of Machupicchu as main icon of the Inka Culture and main tourist destination of Peru.
Cusco, June 2017.